The poly blog is connected to the kink blog, is connected to the random blog, is connected to the poly blog...

23.11.10

Sometimes You Carry My Suitcase

"Lean on me when you're not strong and I'll be your friend.  I'll help you carry on."
~Bill Withers

"I'll lean on you and you lean on me and we'll be okay."
~Dave Matthews Band


(http://www.flickr.com/photos/56695083@N00/4421377186/sizes/m/in/photostream/)

We all have our own insecurities, our issues.  We all have our moments where in spite of any sensible argument to the contrary, we feel childish or out of sorts and afraid.  Emotions are part of relationships.  Jealousy and doubt are universal.  I have no problem admitting that I carry certain baggage.  Most often it's the unweildy green piece with the faulty handle and the broken wheel that bounces along the tile floors of airports with a thunk, thunk, thunk instead of rolling smoothly as it should. 

I have issues.

And no matter how logical I am, no matter how deeply I believe the truth, I can't talk myself out of the emotions; and if I ignore them, they will only expand like too many sweaters in a suitcase I can only close by sitting upon it with held breath and a prayer.

So, I drag my overstuffed siutcase to you.

You.

You make my issues into 'our issues'.  You take hold of my baggage, and willingly drag it though the airport, in spite of the sticky wheel and the broken handle.  You give me permission to feel afraid, and to ask for comfort.  You give me a safe place to process my feelings, and to breathe through them.  You remind me just who I am.  You remind me that you love me, that I belong, and that nobody can fill my place.  You listen and you accept, even love me. 

Baggage and all.

Thank you.


(and mind your feet,)

People who read this post also read :



No comments:

Post a Comment