The poly blog is connected to the kink blog, is connected to the random blog, is connected to the poly blog...

9.8.10

WIth This Ring


There was a definite process by which one made people into friends, and it involved talking to them and listening to them for hours at a time.
-Rebecca West
1892-1983

(http://www.flickr.com/photos/maxshirley/96946032/)



I put my wedding ring back on today.  I'm not quite sure exactly where we stand, but Husband and I agreed last night on two things:

We want to take steps to make it easier for him to deal with sharing me, talking about people in whom I'm interested, communicating openly about jealousy, fear, possibility and opening up our marriage, and reading more resource books as we move things forward.

We also want to take specific steps to strengthen our relationship, beyond friendship.  This means date nights get priority, and we plan seductions, with the help of Laura Corn's101 Nights Books:



(I have no idea why the Dares book is so expensive, we didn't pay that for it.  Someone must be selling it used, and think it's priceless.  Maybe it's a signed copy?  Still, hopefully you can find it cheap somewhere.)

Anyway, things are looking up with the husband, and it's nice to be able to relax around him.  I'm hopeful about possibilities, too.  Another meeting of local polys coming up in a few days, and that means new friends to meet, then I'm off on a plane to spend the weekend with some more friends.

It's strange, really, feels sort of new, but I know this man.  He was my best friend, once.  I miss that easy, comfortable feeling with him.  There's still a part of me that fears he'll decide he can't share me, and his only other option is to walk away.  I know I'm asking him to make a huge adjustment, even on a trial basis.  Not knowing what would happen is what kept me from being honest with him in the first place about how I feel, and what I want from this life.  I'm glad I took a leap of faith, and decided to go after what I want, even if it meant risking the safety I have with him.  Maybe, just maybe, he'll stick around and let me keep loving him, as I love others too.  Huge adjustment.  But I know now, whether we stay together or go our separate ways, we made every effort to love and support each other, and give each other room to grow. 


What more can I ask?

Keep Your Feet!

People who read this post also read :



No comments:

Post a Comment